The P&C meet on the Monday of week 3 and 7 each term at 7.30pm in the school Library. The purpose of these meetings are to:
- Provide an update on the P&C's current projects and fundraisers, financial status, uniform shop and canteen situation,
- Gather an update from the Principal and the Board,
- Provide a forum for all parties to work together to organise school-wide events e.g. School Fete, Carols, and
- Discuss any school wide issues.
We always welcome new members of our school community, so come along, listen and have your say. Please note, that a $1 annual membership fee applies to all voting members.
Your Current P&C committee members are:
- President: Chris Grubb
- Vice President: Helen O'Leary
- Secretary: Rachel Thompson
- Treasurer: Helen Freame
- Accounts Payable: Sarah Meredith
- Banking Officer: Bec (Rebecca) Moore
- General Committee Members: Lauren Britton, Catherine Sharbannee, Helen O'Leary, Helen McShane, Craig Murray, Sarah Meredith
Subcommittees & Coordinators:
- Canteen Committee: Craig Murray, Yvette Sharp, Heather Whitehead, Abigail McAliece
- Uniform Committee: Robyn Robinson (coordinator) , Nicky Bailey, and Mandy Twomey
- Fundraising Committee: Kelly Shay, Helen O'Leary, Lauren Britton, Catherine Sharbannee
- School Banking Coordinator: Helen Davison & Narelle Venner
- P&C Facebook Coordinator: VACANT
- Website Upkeep: Chris Grubb
- Lego Club Coordinator: Rachel Carr
- P&C School Board Rep: Chris Grubb
- P&C Grounds Committee Rep: Chris Grubb
- WACSSO Representatives 2017: Nadia Bowey
- Class Representative Liaison: Rachel Thompson
- Fathering Project Liaison: VACANT
For the full list of roles and responsibilities of all positons, subcommittees and coordinators please click here
P&C Helpers List
Thank you for your support
Your 2017 P&C Team
P&C Annual Voluntary Contribution for 2018
It is a requirement under the current School Education Act to outline all charges and voluntary contributions to parents/carers each year. As such, this is a friendly reminder of the voluntary P&C contribution of $75 per child or $150 per family which has been endorsed by Woodlands Independent Primary School for 2017. All money raised by the P&C is used to provide essential and enhanced resources to the school so we can give our students the best possible learning experience. We accept Cash, Cheque and Direct Deposit to the P&C bank account at:
Reference: Eldest Child’s Name
Or Payments can be dropped off to the P&C Box in the School Main office.
Role of a School's P&C
- Promote the interests of the school through co-operation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community; to assist in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school; and to foster community interests in educational matters.
- Provide parents with opportunities to meet together to determine the needs and aspirations of the school community; share information and views; learn about, help shape school policies and programs and help raise funds to provide extra resources.
- Source and secure funds for the benefit of the school, employ staff other than department of Education employees; and manage or operate facilities at the school (such as the canteen, uniform shop).