The P&C meet on the Monday of week 3 and 7 each term at 7.30pm in the school Library. The purpose of these meetings are to:
- Provide an update on the P&C's current projects and fundraisers, financial status, uniform shop and canteen situation,
- Gather an update from the Principal and the Board,
- Provide a forum for all parties to work together to organise school-wide events e.g. School Fete, Carols, and
- Discuss any school wide issues.
We always welcome new members of our school community, so come along, listen and have your say. Please note, that a $1 annual membership fee applies to all voting members.
Your Current P&C committee members are:
- President: Chris Grubb
- Vice President: Randal Adamson
- Secretary: Annabel Pizzata
- Treasurer: Donna Carrington
- Accounts Payable: Sarah Meredith
- General Committee Members: Rachel Thompson, Kourosh Abdolmaleki, Nicole Stevens, Jay Shah
Subcommittees & Coordinators:
- Canteen Committee: Craig Murray, Yvette Sharp, Abigail McAliece, Nicole Stevens
- Uniform Committee: Robyn Robinson (coordinator) , Nicky Bailey, and Mandy Twomey
- Fundraising Committee: Rachel McMahon
- School Banking Coordinator: Narelle Venner
- Website Upkeep: Jay Shah
- P&C School Board Rep: Rachel Thompson
- P&C Grounds Committee Rep: Chris Grubb
- WACSSO Representatives 2017: Kourosh Abdolmaleki
- Class Representative Liaison: Rachel Thompson
- Website upkeep: Jay Shah
For the full list of roles and responsibilities of all positons, subcommittees and coordinators please click here
P&C Helpers List
Thank you for your support
Your 2019 P&C Team
P&C Annual Voluntary Contribution for 2019
It is a requirement under the current School Education Act to outline all charges and voluntary contributions to parents/carers each year. As such, this is a friendly reminder of the voluntary P&C contribution of $75 per child or $150 per family which has been endorsed by Woodlands Independent Primary School for 2019. All money raised by the P&C is used to provide essential and enhanced resources to the school so we can give our students the best possible learning experience. We accept Cash, Cheque and Direct Deposit to the P&C bank account at:
Reference: Eldest Child’s Name
Or Payments can be dropped off to the P&C Box in the School Main office.
Role of a School's P&C
- Promote the interests of the school through co-operation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community; to assist in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school; and to foster community interests in educational matters.
- Provide parents with opportunities to meet together to determine the needs and aspirations of the school community; share information and views; learn about, help shape school policies and programs and help raise funds to provide extra resources.
- Source and secure funds for the benefit of the school, employ staff other than department of Education employees; and manage or operate facilities at the school (such as the canteen, uniform shop).
The P&C Constitution
- The Constitution (also known as Rules of Association) is a set of rules that the P&C must abide by.
- The P&C must be incorporated (School Education Act 1999) before operatiing, and are unable to be incorporated without a Constitution.
- Click this link to view the Consitution