So your child is ready to start Kindy or Pre-Primary in 2021! As well as wondering where on earth that time has gone since you were holding that little bundle in your arms, you realise it’s now time to enrol your child at school!
Enrolments for Kindy and Pre-Primary are now being accepted by Woodlands PS for 2021.
Deadline for enrolment applications
Applications for enrolment are open until 24th July 2020 for Kindergarten 2021 enrolments, and Friday 26 June 2020 for Pre-Primary enrolments. You can find an application for enrolment form on our website at https://woodlandsps.wa.edu.au/enrolments/application-for-enrolment
Below you can find some answers to our Frequently Asked Questions around our enrolment processes
What age does my child have to be to start Kindy?
To start Kindy in 2021, your child must be born between 1 July 2016 – 30 June 2017
To start Pre-Primary in 2021, your child must be born between 1 July 2015 – 30 June 2016
How do I find out what the catchment area is for Woodlands PS?
Please visit https://woodlandsps.wa.edu.au/enrolments/intake-area to see the intake area for Woodlands PS.
Do you take applications from outside of the catchment area?
The demand for a place at our school is considerable. Whether we accept an application from outside our catchment area depends on a number of factors. For Pre-Primary, we are required to take every child of Pre-Primary age living in the catchment area. If there are any places left, we consider children living outside the catchment area. For Kindy aged children, the number of spaces is limited and priority is given to children in the following order:
1. Children living in the intake area of the school and who will have a sibling enrolled at the school in year of commencement.
2. Children who live in the intake area of the school but will not have a sibling at the school in year of commencement.
3. Children who live outside the intake area of the school and who will have a sibling at the school in year of commencement.
4. Children who live outside the intake area of the school and who will not have a sibling at the school in year of commencement.
With Kindy aged children, we are only obliged to take in the number of children we are able to provide places for. So it is important for you to lodge your application as soon as you can. As you might appreciate, the number of families who apply differs from year to year, and we are unable to predict numbers until we have all the applications lodged with us.
What do I include with my completed Application for Enrolment form?
1. Proof of Address: A current lease agreement or recent utility account must be provided as evidence of current residential address in our local intake area. If you are outside our local intake area, please also provide evidence of your current address.
2. Proof of Age and Identity: A birth certificate or extract of birth or passport must be presented at enrolment. Students will be placed in the year of study corresponding to their age group.
3. Immunisation Records: The school must sight a copy of each student’s immunisation records (ACIR History Statement) at the time of Enrolment, with the statement to be no more than 2 months old when applying. Immunisations can be obtained from your local GP or through the local Council Clinic. A valid reason provided in writing by a GP needs to be provided if the child is not immunised if the child is to be considered for enrolment by the school. If you do not have a current record, you can apply for one at https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/immunisation/getting-vaccinated/check-immunisation-history
When do I find out if my child has been accepted?
You will hear from us by mail in the last week of August – sometime between the 24th – 31th August – as to whether your application has been accepted. In the case of Kindy aged children, you will then be asked what your preference is in terms of days your child attends.
What days does my child attend?
In the case of Kindy students, currently children attend 5 days a fortnight. The streams are
1. every Monday, Wednesday and every second Friday, or
2. every Tuesday, Thursday and every second Friday.
You will be asked to indicate your preference of days when you are advised if you have been offered a place on our Kindy program. Whilst we cannot guarantee your preference of days, we try our best to accommodate your requests.
Thank you for showing your interest in Woodlands Primary School. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to visit our website at www.woodlandsps.wa.edu.au or call us on 9416 9800