The Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interests of students and enhance the education provided by the school.
The Board is comprised of 4 Parents, 1 P&C Representative, 2 Teachers, 2 Community Members and the Principal. The Board meets twice per term.
The Chairperson is school parent Sandra Law and the Deputy Chairperson is parent Greg Robinson.
Current members also include Parent Representative Monique Wesley, P&C Representative Claire Burt, Staff Representative Marisa Phoebe and Community Member Paul Bailey.
- establishes and reviews the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
- assists in the planning and ratification of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
- contributes to the School Delivery and Performance Agreement and the Business Plan.
- evaluates the school’s performance in achieving its objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
- formulates the codes of conduct for students at the school.
- endorses and reviews the annual budget.
- approves appropriate dress code for students.
- promotes the school in the community.
- has a panel member in the selection of the school Principal.
The role of a School Board is outlined in the School Education Act 1999. In essence, the role of a School Board is one of setting the long term future for the school and maintaining oversight (not management) of the school’s operation. It is not about running the school – that is the job of the principal. It is about providing additional expertise to help the school achieve the best outcomes for the students.
Board Meeting Minutes
Parents and Citizens Association (P&C)
The main purpose of the P&C is to support the school for the benefit of all students. The Woodlands Primary School P&C consists of enthusiastic parents, staff and other interested community members who contribute their ideas and skills to the school in a variety of different ways.
A well supported P&C meets in the school library on Monday of Week 3 and Week 7 of each term commencing at 7.30pm. A $1.00 annual membership fee applies to all voting members.
You can find out more about the P&C, including who is on the committees at our P&C About Us page.
The purpose of the Grounds Committee is to identify ways to improve the school grounds for aesthetic or amenity reasons. It is made up of the School Principal and representatives from the school Board, parent body and school staff.
The Grounds Committee terms of reference are as follows:
- The purpose of the Grounds Committee is to identify ways to improve the school grounds for aesthetic or amenity reasons.
- The Board is to oversee the Grounds Committee
- The Board representative is to chair the meetings.
- The output of the Grounds Committee is to provide the School Board with a prioritised list of initiatives (with approximate costs) for consideration for inclusion in the yearly operational plans.
This list will be kept on the schools server and website.
The Board will consider funding source options (School and P&C) and provide the P&C with projected funding requests.
Items Completed in 2018
|January 2018||Brick paving - between the bike enclosure exit path and existing paving western end of room 20||$0|
|January 2018||Scooter Cage – Relocated to western end room 20.||$0|
Major Items for 2017
|Priority order||Major items||Budgeted Cost||Funding P&C||Funding School||Approved/ expense to be incurred|
|1||Garden & landscaping new transportable||$3000||WIP$3000||2016|
|2||Concrete floor and entry & exit paths||$6350||? RAC Grant||$6350||2017 as funds permit|
|3||Nature Play area||$2500||$2,500||2017 as funds permit|
Minor Items for 2017
|Minor items||Budgeted Cost||Funding P&C||Funding School|
|Sensory garden near Year 1 room||$250||Heather Whitehead possible busy bee $250|
Completed Major items list
|Completed major items||Budgeted Cost||Funding P&C||Funding School||Date Completed||Actual Cost to WPS|
|Extension limestone wall to water fountains||$2,500||$2,500||Jun-2016||$2,500|
|Surface area west of U/C area||$7,940||$7,940||Oct-2016||$7,940|
|Warakuna Water well||$2,000||Grant? $2,000||Oct-2016||$2,000|
|Combination Basketball/Netball Goals one court only||$4,200||$4,200||Dec-2016||$4,630|
|Plexipave Quadrangle||$43,685||43,685||Jan-2017||$43, 685|
|Run water line to quadrangle garden area||$2,000||$2,000||Dec-2016||$2,450|
|Pave walkway N-W entrance||$1,450||$1,450||Jan-2017||$1,450|
|Bike shed enclosure fence, gates entry and exit paths||$5,330||$5,330||Jan-2017||$5,330|
|Replacement of 4 Basketball backboards, hoops and metal nets||$3442 Donation from Woodlands Warriors||$0||May-2017||$0|
Completed Minor items list
|Completed minor items||Budgeted Cost||Funding P&C||Funding School||Date Completed||Actual cost to WPS * denotes volunteer contribution|
|Cut edge limestone kerbing||$50||1/08/2016||*$0|
|Removal of fridges||$100||12/07/2016||*$0|
|Mulch to NPGA||$0||25/09/2016||*$0|
|Paint Netball/Basketball posts||$350||4/06/2017||*$169.63|
Suggestions welcome please!
If you have any suggestions, requests or feedback for the Grounds Committee to consider, please click here to submit your suggestion.