The Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interests of students and enhance the education provided by the school.
The Board is comprised of 4 Parents, 1 P&C Representative, 2 Teachers, 1 Community Member and the Principal. The Board meets twice per term.
The Chairperson is school parent Sandra Law and the Deputy Chairperson is school parent Greg Robinson.
Current members also include Parent Representatives Monique Wesley and Paul Bailey, P&C Representative Chris Grubb, Staff Representatives Marisa Phoebe and Esther Lane and Community Member Reuchlin Teo.
- establishes and reviews the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
- assists in the planning and ratification of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
- contributes to the School Delivery and Performance Agreement and the Business Plan.
- evaluates the school’s performance in achieving its objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
- formulates the codes of conduct for students at the school.
- endorses and reviews the annual budget.
- approves appropriate dress code for students.
- promotes the school in the community.
- has a panel member in the selection of the school Principal.
The role of a School Board is outlined in the School Education Act 1999. In essence, the role of a School Board is one of setting the long term future for the school and maintaining oversight (not management) of the school’s operation. It is not about running the school – that is the job of the principal. It is about providing additional expertise to help the school achieve the best outcomes for the students.
Board Meeting Minutes
Parents and Citizens Association (P&C)
The main purpose of the P&C is to support the school for the benefit of all students. The Woodlands Primary School P&C consists of enthusiastic parents, staff and other interested community members who contribute their ideas and skills to the school in a variety of different ways.
A well supported P&C meets in the school library on Monday of Week 3 and Week 7 of each term commencing at 7.30pm. A $1.00 annual membership fee applies to all voting members.
You can find out more about the P&C, including who is on the committees at our P&C About Us page.
The purpose of the Grounds Committee is to identify ways to improve the school grounds for aesthetic or amenity reasons. It is made up of the School Principal and representatives from the school Board, parent body and school staff.
The Grounds Committee terms of reference are as follows:
- The purpose of the Grounds Committee is to identify ways to improve the school grounds for aesthetic or amenity reasons.
- The Board is to oversee the Grounds Committee
- The Board representative is to chair the meetings.
- The output of the Grounds Committee is to provide the School Board with a prioritised list of initiatives (with approximate costs) for consideration for inclusion in the yearly operational plans.
The Board will consider funding source options (School and P&C) and provide the P&C with projected funding requests.
Suggestions welcome please!
If you have any suggestions, requests or feedback for the Grounds Committee to consider, please click here to submit your suggestion.
List of Current and Completed works 2018-2019
Major Items for 2019
|Priority order||Major items||Budgeted Cost||Funding P&C||Funding School||Approved/ expense to be incurred|
Small quadrangle enhancements – repainting of 3 x Hopscotch markings and a new bike track including 2 x Zebra crossings funded. Term 1
Third Flag pole installation – includes structural engineering, supply and install.
Completed Major items list 2017-2019
|Completed major items||Budgeted Cost||Funding P&C||Funding School||Date Completed||Actual Cost to WPS|
|Plexipave Quadrangle||$43,685||43,685||Jan-2017||$43, 685|
|Pave walkway N-W entrance||$1,450||$1,450||Jan-2017||$1,450|
|Bike shed enclosure fence, gates entry and exit paths||$5,330||$5,330||Jan-2017||$5,330|
|Replacement of 4 Basketball backboards, hoops and metal nets||$3,442 Donation from Woodlands Warriors||$0||May-2017||$0|
|Bike enclosure concrete floor and entry/exit paths||$6,350||$8921||Oct 2017||$8,921|
|Garden, landscaping & retic to transportable||$3,000||$3,000||Mar 2018||$3,000|
|Brick paving to west end of Room 20||$1,500||$0||Jan 2018||$0|
|Garrison Fencing Kindy Playground||$9,730||$9,370||July 2018||$9,730|
|Upgrade Kindy Play Area||$20,000||$17,770||Oct 2018||$17,770|
|Nature Play Area||$9,000||$5,979||Oct 2018||$5,979|
Pine Bollards with 3 chain gates Lombardy St restricting access to oval and quadrangle
Completed Minor items list
|Completed minor items||Budgeted Cost||Funding P&C||Funding School||Date Completed||Actual cost to WPS * denotes volunteer contribution|
|Paint Netball/Basketball posts||$350||4/06/2017||*$169.63|
|Musical garden near Year 3 classrooms||$250||1/03/2018||$250|
|Scooter cage relocated||$0||1/02/2018||$0
|Flag Poles relocated||$0*||07/07/2018||$0|
|Basketball Hoop nets||$0*||28/07/2018||$0|
* Items denoted with an asterix indicate this item is a volunteer contribution.